Tuesday 11 June 2013

Taking Control of My Health

Some of you will know that I've been on a bit of a "health quest" for the past ten months.  Actually my "quest" has been much longer than that, but about ten months ago I finally began to have some success.  I have been suffering from gradually worsening menstrual migraines for some time.  Not being satisfied with suggestions from doctors, I've been convinced that there's a natural nutritional way to deal with this.  In August last year I stumbled across a program called "Eat Yourself Healthy in 28 Days".  This program looked pretty radical, but promised great things.  After another bout of migraines I resloved to give it a try.  I am pleased to report that things on the headache front improved within a week!

Since then I have continued to research lots about good health and these days I find myself living largely on "super foods".  I think it's funny that we call them "super foods".  Actually they are REAL foods and all that refined, over-processed and over-sugared stuff that used to creep into my diet is nutritionally lacking.

I remember when my daughter was very young I read in a parenting book or magazine how toddlers have very small appetites so it's important to make sure you take every opportunity to get the good stuff in.  I now realise that for optimum health, it's important, whatever your age, to take every opportunity to fuel your body with the good stuff!  I will no longer waste my time eating refined or processed foods.  I eat lots of fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts, seeds, good oils, only whole grains, quality meats, limited gluten, no cow's dairy, no sugar, no coffee, drink lots of water, and I feel amazing every day!

The purpose of this blog is to share my journey, the things I have learned so far and new things that I am discovering, and just maybe this will help someone else too.

The quest for great health is something I have become quite passionate about.   If you are interested too, stay tunned for future posts about "People Who Have Inspired Me", "Information" and "Planning & Preparation Tips" and possibly more.

~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~

This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.

No comments:

Post a Comment