Tuesday 31 December 2013

Guacamole Topped Steak with Rice & Vegetables

I've been left alone to experiment again . . .




Scotch fillet steak on a bed of brown rice with zucchini, carrot, coriander and garlic topped with guacamole.

I felt like steak for dinner so I bought myself a nice piece of scotch fillet.  I also wanted avocado and I had some left over brown rice in the fridge that I wanted to use.

I marinated the steak in grapeseed oil, one finely chopped clove of garlic and a little chopped coriander - about a tablespoon.

I chopped a little extra coriander and another clove of garlic.  I sliced up a zucchini and peeled and stringed a carrot.  When I put the steak on to cook I heated another pan and stir fried the zucchini in a little of the oil, coriander and garlic mixture that the steak had been marinating in. Then I added the carrot, about 2/3 of the extra coriander and garlic, and continued to cook to heat the rice through and lightly cook the carrot and garlic.

After 5 minutes I turned the steak and then made the guacamole by mashing half an avocado with a good squeeze of lemon juice and the rest of the diced garlic and coriander.

Once the steak was cooked I sat it on a chopping board to let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.

I placed the zucchini, carrot and rice mixture on the plate, topped it with the sliced steak and topped it all off with the guacamole. 

It was delicious!

~ take every opportunity to put the good stuff in ~
This blog is about me, what I'm doing, what's working for me, and what's not. It includes my experiences and opinions. It is for general information only and is in no way intended to replace the advice of a health care professional.



No comments:

Post a Comment